Zoox’s Robot Software Infrastructure Deploy team builds systems that update software and firmware on vehicles and test fixtures during development, manufacturing, and in the field. The deploy system covers a broad spectrum of sensors, compute systems, automotive ECUs, network switches, and user interface devices. The candidate will need a flexible mind and a collaborative approach. The team continually incorporates more devices, covers more use cases, and improves system instrumentation, performance, and reliability.
In this role, you will:
- Add deploy support for new and updated components
- Improve the deploy framework, tools, instrumentation, and integration with other engineering systems.
- Optimize deploy system performance and reliability
- Triage, debug, and resolve deploy failures
- Work closely and collaboratively with Firmware engineers, QA, Fleet operations, and other partners
- Computer science or computer engineering bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Experience using Linux in an embedded environment
- Familiarity with CAN or other embedded/automotive communication protocols
- Demonstrated triage, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in a language without automatic memory management (e.g., C or C++)
- Experience with software build systems
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $179,000 to $294,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.