- Lead various systems engineering activities that are essential for a successful launch of safety-critical software on a self-driving vehicle
- Interpret industry safety standards such as ISO26262 effectively and identify methods to fulfill those goals in a fast-paced CI/CD software development environment
- Understand existing software architecture and development processes and brainstorm compatible methods for achieving safety goals
- Introduce and manage safety processes for the software organization and guide various teams throughout execution, with strong attention to detail
- Champion the process for qualifying software tools, infrastructure components, as well as 3rd party libraries that are integral to the safe operation of the software system
- Collaborate with the safety team to identify safety requirements, explore redundancy options, and develop methods to ensure system-wide safety goals are met
- Advanced degree in robotics, computer engineering, electronics engineering, aerospace engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of industry experience in robotics, automotive, aerospace, medical devices or related safety-critical and mission-critical fields
- Prior experience working with production software life cycle development process methods (DO178, ISO26262, SPICE or ASPICE, ISO12207)
- Working knowledge of standard systems engineering tools (DOORs, Rationale, JAMA, SysML, Polarion, etc.)
- Have proficiency in C/C++, python, or Matlab programming/debugging skills
- Familiarity with embedded systems, ECU architecture in automobiles, automotive communication interfaces, or automotive software architectures, etc.
- Shipped software products to market in production automobiles, aircraft, spacecraft or other systems that require safety-critical software in embedded hardware
- Experience with interpreting industry safety standards such as ISO26262 and DO178. Developed processes to fulfill these standards, thoroughly weighing various factors that impact project execution
- Performed qualification of software tools as per relevant safety standards
- Conducted and/or participated in safety audits, defended choices and methods used, and prepared compliance report, deviations etc.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of these areas. (1) Sensor perception, (2) Motion planning, (3) Drive policy or behavior, (4) Controls and actuation
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Zoox
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee