Our team is working to ensure Zoox’s hardware and software are safe for operation in the real world through the use of simulation. As part of this process, the team is responsible for designing and running large numbers of simulations to generate key autonomy metrics that help to ensure Zoox’s hardware and software operate as expected.
In this role, you will help us scale to meet future milestones by finding ways to simplify complex pipelines, productionizing scripts to generate and verify simulations, design creative solutions to problems that arise as we scale, as well as using our internal tools to build new simulations from scratch. You should expect to work with cross-functional partners across mapping, simulation, verification, planning and perception among others.
You will be responsible for producing critical metrics that drive company-level decisions for the deployment of our driverless robots on public roads.
In this role, you will:
- Dive into large, complex systems that are already in place, as well as help design and build new systems from scratch as needed.
- Be highly cross-functional and understand at a high-level how external systems work
- Clearly communicate how our team’s systems work to cross-team technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be responsible for helping to deliver mission-critical metrics to the executive team to drive major roadmap decisions
- Fluency in Python
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative area
- 6+ years of industry experience in software engineering or data engineering
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience working on data pipelines
- Experience building entire systems from scratch or meaningfully contributing to existing large-scale systems
- Experience with cloud and infra technologies (AWS, S3, SQL, Databricks, Airflow) and coding best practices
- Familiarity with simulation in any context (video games, autonomous vehicles)
- Experience with quantitative analysis of complex systems, probability and statistics
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $226,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.