Zoox's Road Network team is responsible for developing the tools and infrastructure necessary to build, curate, and manage our high definition road network.
The ZRN Tools team manages most of the applications in the road network content pipeline. These tools help Engineers and Cartographers create, analyze, and validate the semantic road network content our vehicles use to drive.
The ZRN Editor is the most powerful of these tools. The Editor is an in-house native 3D curve and polygon editing tool used to build all ZRN content in the company. Road Network Tools engineers also work closely with the Core Architecture team to build out post-process and validation tools that help us guarantee data integrity and validity.
We are looking for both generalist C++ engineers and engineers with 3D graphics experience. Developers will also be responsible for building content validators, post-process tools, and other tools to aid Cartographers in their work.
- Design, develop & test features for our road network Editor
- Build out the content pipeline that allows Cartographers to produce ZRN data accurately and quickly
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 6 years of industry experience
- Fluency with C++
- Experience with OpenGL or WebGL
- Master's / PhD in computer science (or related field)
- Experience with Qt or equivalent UI framework
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with geometry, routing, or graph theory
- Experience with mapping or GIS systems
- Experience with data/content pipelines (ETL, etc.)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $164,000 to $265,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.