As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and tracking the progress of firmware validation tests. This role requires a candidate passionate about learning how things work to the point of breaking them. You will need experience testing complex embedded systems in a team environment focused on firmware behaviors. You will also use Software Engineering best practices to validate firmware with automation. Join us if you want to develop cutting-edge and state-of-the-art automation techniques in the exciting autonomous vehicle industry!
In this role, you will:
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements
- Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems
- Operate in multiple test layers optimized for efficiency
- Review tests written by teammates
- Assist with test prioritization
- BS in relevant engineering discipline
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Object-oriented programming experience (Python preferred)
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $206,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.