Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated System Test Engineer to serve as a technical leader toward Product Integration and Validation of autonomous vehicles. You’ll be leading the integration and validation of autonomy, firmware, hardware, and operational elements to ensure that our product exceeds safety, validation, and milestone readiness requirements. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing test efforts at the highest level of integration, including feature validation, functional, and regression testing toward the successful execution and reporting of these efforts.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for designing, developing, and executing test methodologies for the total integrated system. This includes the autonomy, firmware, hardware, and operations elements of the product
- Develop test plans and test cases that are abstracted to the highest level of integration
- Work cross-functionally to integrate, verify, and validate new features for safety and comfort
- Analyze vehicle logs and test data using in-house tools to trace failures for root cause analysis, documentation, and communication
- Support defect management process from recognition to resolution
- Effectively develop, communicate, and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and meaningful statistical metrics of success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM-related field
- 8+ years of industry experience in testing complex systems (AI, autonomous behavior, modeling, simulation, or vehicle platforms)
- Experience with designing, developing, and executing test methodologies that scale across multiple teams
- Experience with integrated systems troubleshooting, triaging, defect reporting, and escalation communication for issues found during testing
- Experience in mission or safety-critical product development environments
- Experience with CI/CD application and best practices
- Project Management experience on programs involving cross-functional partners and offshore teams
- Strong organizational and communication skills
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $175,000 to $230,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.