Simulation is essential for Zoox to rapidly iterate on our driving software and hardware, and to validate our safety before we drive in the real world. Come join the team that provides the virtual worlds in which our robots can revisit what we’ve seen in real world testing, be exposed to infinite variations of it, or can even experience entirely new scenarios!
- Develop Python platform for large scale generation of autonomous driving scenarios for simulation
- Procedurally generate all relevant driving scenarios in a given geographic area, by placing entities in 3D space, defining behaviors, etc. to inform the bounds of how Zoox systems perform
- Help define scenario concepts that need to be supported in simulation, and the associated scenario description file format(s).
- A BS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years industry experience developing in Python
- 8+ years of experience in a related field
- Relevant experience to contribute to related simulation platforms in C++, TypeScript, Vue, or Three.js
- A MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with robotics or autonomous vehicles
- Experience with simulation or game development
- Experience with road network or map file formats
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $190,000 to $285,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.