Global restaurant brands run their operation on the Crunchtime platform. Delivering a consistent guest experience across every location and managing food and labor costs are at the core of how Crunchtime’s software is used today in over 125,000 locations across 100+ countries by the world’s top restaurant and foodservice operators. Customers including Chipotle, Culver’s, Domino’s, Dunkin’, Five Guys and P.F. Chang’s rely on our top-ranked platform which now includes Zenput to manage inventory, staff scheduling, learning and development, food safety, operational tasks and audits.
About the role
Top restaurant and convenience brands use Crunchtime’s Operations Execution platform to elevate their task execution in every location. By automating how operating procedures, food safety protocols, and other corporate initiatives are rolled out and enforced, Crunchtime helps brands consistently deliver great customer experiences on every visit
What you’ll do as a Software Engineer
- Using our entire technology stack to develop new features and applications for the Zenput platform, including web and mobile UI’s, commenting and messaging, webhooks and APIs, as well as expand capabilities in our mobile applications.
- Contribute to and influence design and development decisions
- Work in an agile environment, quickly and incrementally delivering value to our customers using tools from the SCRUM toolbox and using tight feedback loops with customers, products, and quality.
- Maximize our velocity and minimize risk by using TDD/CI and other DevOps best practices.
- Use Jira, Slack, and Zoom to communicate with your team and leadership.
What We’re Looking For
- Great communicator and an outstanding team player. Bias towards over-communicating and asking questions.
- Desire to be part of a team, need to understand and shape organizational culture, and deep belief that the only way for them to be successful as an individual is for the team to be successful.
- Curious and intentional about both mentorship and self-development
- CS/CIS/Systems Mentality
- Adoption of CI, DevOps principles, and a focus on quality
- A deep understanding about request life cycles, system architecture, and user behavior
- Strong understanding of software design fundamentals and algorithms
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools & principles
- MySQL/Postgres/RDBMS experience. (Just using ORM's doesn't count)
- Ability to design and implement the right technical solution for the right problem at the right time (i.e. you don't over-engineer, but you do thoroughly consider the constraints)
- Someone fun, interesting, and likes to build and hack. Not just software!
Nice To Haves
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience working with hardware (mobile devices, embedded hardware)
- Expertise in and experience developing enterprise products and web products at scale
- Experience with distributed systems, complex user interfaces, or other challenging engineering problems
- Open source contributions
- You’ve helped make your work environment fun, and it’s important to you.
- You’ve built great relationships with coworkers in the past and want to keep doing it.
- You care similarly about building great software and building great relationships with other people.
- You’re interested in the technical problems we are solving.
- You’re interested in the types of business problems we are solving.
What you’ll get
- Great mission-driven team members from diverse backgrounds with a strong company culture
- Competitive pay
- Vacation days (with premium)
- Paid company holidays
- Yearly team off-sites
- International travel opportunities
- Major medical, life, and disability insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Christmas bonus (30 days)
- Wellness benefits (Headspace, Ginger.io)
- Work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way businesses operate
- Fun team events
- Ability to have a big impact
- Fitness reimbursement
- Learning & development funds
Other Jobs from Zenput
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member