About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Senior Full Stack Engineer - (Location, Remote):
In this role, you will be a key member of the Wurl engineering team building the platform responsible for retrieval, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24/7-linear channels and VOD deliveries. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will be working across multiple technologies and will be collaborating with other engineers, product managers, QA, and data teams to help deliver solutions.
What you'll do:
- Shape and revolutionize the future of streaming TV
- Build innovative, market-leading technologies to help content companies and streamers succeed
- Participate in a 100% open environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas, big and small
- Learn, share, and grow in a leading company within a rapidly accelerating industry
- 7 years of complete software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features
- Experience with JSON API-level interface, and GraphQL
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports (WebSockets, Redis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process
- Deep knowledge of software engineering design principles and processes, including Test Driven Development
- Deep knowledge of engineering fundamentals and best-practices such as git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Using client-side state management tools like Redux and Apollo Client.
- An understanding of the W3C Media Source Extensions and the video tag.
- Knowledge of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
We recognize that not all applicants will not always met 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $141,000 - $196,000 and $166,000 - $230,000 for the Bay Area. Base compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.