We’re looking for Android Engineers to join our team. As part of a cross-functional scrum team you will design and develop new investment account and cash account functionality within our Android app. In addition to development on the app itself, you will write automated tests and integrate with our in-house design systems and our backend API. Come help us achieve our vision to make investing delightfully easy and understandable for our clients and prospective clients!
* Note: This role requires hybrid in-office and remote work based in Palo Alto, CA.
As a core member of the team, you will:
- Build a premier native Android application
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to build new features and enhance existing features for our world-class app
- Work with frontend and backend engineers to design, build and test reusable REST APIs
- Design and build high-quality infrastructure; making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability
- Collaborate with design and product to define a delightful Android experience using material design
- Get an opportunity to work with leadership to define the team's priorities and initiatives
- Work independently, use available resources to get unblocked, and complete tasks on schedule by exercising strong judgment and problem-solving skills
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 2 - 6 years of professional Android development experience
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- BS or MS in computer science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and our semi-annual reviews
- Provide you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Estimated annual salary range: $140,000 - $185,000 USD plus equity and a discretionary bonus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built one of the first automated investment products that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee. We then expanded. We now work with partner banks to offer exceptional banking features through a Wealthfront Brokerage Cash Account, which makes it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $50 billion of our client’s hard earned money, pioneering the robo-advisor category and transforming the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially in a way that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.