Who We Are:
The Engineering Effectiveness team is responsible for building Wayfair's foundation system for the entire technology organization. It touches thousands of developers globally, helping them achieve their product goals faster, better, and enjoy that work more. The types of systems built by this team range from CI/CD systems to in-language tooling like libraries, frameworks and templates, even using the power of Generative AI to allow our teams to focus on more satisfying problems.
What You'll Do:
- Take complex engineering problems, design appropriate solutions and deliver on them fairly independently.
- Work on a variety of technologies - from system implementations, to software and tools built in house, to application systems delivering acceleration as a service.
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services. Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Be a multiplier, mentor other engineers on the team and help them become more productive and implement engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers across Engineering Effectiveness org.
What you’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and designing systems at scale.
- Experience in development of new applications using technologies such as Java, Python or C#; SQL
- Experience with Cloud Native architecture in one of the big 3 providers (GCP, Azure, AWS).
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.).
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike.
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews.
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Jobs from Wayfair
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results