Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree)
- 5+ years of experience of software development for Linux in System Programming Languages (C, C++, Rust, etc)
- Proficient in modern C++
- Experience in embedded development or experience with low-level system software development.
- Good knowledge with operating systems and computer architecture.
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, etc).
- Good communication & documentation skills.
- Nice to Have:
- Experience in Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- Experience in heterogeneous computing, e.g. GPU, DSP, or other coprocessor / accelerator.
- Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C++ and Python.
- Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
$120,000 - $280,000 a year
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Cloud Security Cyber Security Enterprise Enterprise Software Information Technology Internet of Things Network Security Security Smart Building Software