About the Role:
We are continuing to invest and grow our Core Engineering team at Redpanda. The Core engineering team’s mission is to create the best data streaming platform. The team consists of known experts in foundational technologies such as Raft/consensus, transactions, and distributed storage, who have come together to build a differentiated, highly performant product with compelling traction in the market. We are looking for a Core Software Engineer to help us build out our replication technologies. These technologies allow us to seamlessly and efficiently replicate and rebalance data, taking into consideration network layout, latency, resource utilization, and more. We are a team that excels at consensus algorithms (like Raft), and directly contribute to performance and scalability of Redpanda. The ideal candidate will influence both our roadmap and our architecture, and drive significant parts of our new initiatives. Come join us to partner closely with cross functional engineering, customer success, and product teams to build and design the very best present and future of real-time data streaming platform.
- Work with engineering team members who deeply care about our craft and take pride in what we deliver
- Contribute to the overall success of Redpanda, ensuring our core tenets of Operational simplicity, No Data Loss, and Blazingly Fast remain true as we push the envelope on scalability, while expanding our target addressable market through features and integrations
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, SREs, support, and customer success to deliver solutions to challenging distributed systems problems
- Help shape Redpanda’s future while learning and growing professionally
- Prior experience in working on deeply technical projects in the realm of scalability, concurrency and parallelism, replication protocols, and correctness
- Passion in working on distributed systems and consensus protocols. Knowledge of Raft is a plus
- Strong understanding and experience of C++, Rust or other systems languages (ideally modern C++17 or C++20), including profiling and benchmarking
- Desire to further develop your skills in building scalable and performant systems
- Pride in writing robust, well-abstracted code and care as much about deleting dead code as writing new code
- Substantial relevant experience of at least 5 years in a professional or academic role
- Experience or desire to work with a 100% distributed engineering team, collaborating on GitHub, in open source
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please highlight if applicable to you:
- C++ 20 experience
- Experience building consensus algorithms
- Knowledge of Raft
U.S. base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $185,000 (CO, TX) and $180,000 - $215,000 (CA, NY, WA). Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. As a remote-first company, we strive to consider each candidate's job-related skills, location, experience, relevant education or training to determine individual base salary. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Redpanda is used by Fortune 1000 enterprises pushing hundreds of terabytes a day, as well as by the solo dev prototyping a React application on her laptop. Think of it as a streaming data API platform that scales with you from the smallest projects to petabytes of data distributed across the globe.
Join Redpanda if you’d enjoy being part of a fast-moving, 100% remote organization with team members around the globe and a culture based on trust, transparency, communication, and kindness.
Other Jobs from Redpanda Data
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member