About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Engineering at Valon
We are building a world-class engineering team to automate one of the most regulated spaces in the financial sector - the mortgage and housing industry. We come from companies like Google, Facebook, Spotify, Oscar Health, and Twilio. You’ll join a small, tight-knit group of engineers who are developing flexible backend architecture to accurately handle billions of dollars at scale. In addition, our team of engineers is fulfilling Valon’s mission by creating a great user experience to help homeowners manage their mortgages through a platform that delivers new features quickly and with quality. Our tech stack is built on Python, React, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Learn new concepts and technologies quickly and apply them to challenging problems
- Design and build robust and extensible infrastructure to handle evolving and complex federal, state, and agency regulations
- Dive deep to understand the inner workings of a highly complex industry
- Work with Product and Design to define the best experience for our customers
- 7+ years of software engineering experience building quality software applications at scale
- Strong communicator
- Able to work cross-functionally to balance product and technical requirements
- Great at building scalable systems from scratch with a fast turnaround
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, mobile application development, building large-scale distributed systems, or infrastructure management
- Time management skills that will maximize efficiency in a fast-paced startup environment
- Base Compensation Band: $200,000 - $240,000
- Compensation: competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity, and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, and a $400 monthly stipend towards your lunches or groceries
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes, or team dinners!
- Generous time off: flexible paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays
- Baby bonding time!: 12 weeks off for both birthing and non-birthing parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Other Jobs from Valon Technologies
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member