Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, CA with offices in Toronto, New York, Reno, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
As a Fullstack Software Engineer on our Merchant Integrations team, you will help invent, design, build, and ensure our Buy Now, Pay Later products are properly integrated with our partner's web applications. This unique role will have a mix of development and partner integration thought at all life cycle phases.
What you will do and achieve
- Architect, develop and test highly interactive front-end web applications and reusable components using current web technologies and frameworks
- Develop API endpoints, application servers and lambdas (Python) that connect with various AWS services, external APIs and data stores (Dynamo, Redis, Mongo)
- Participate in multiple projects across the full stack and help out in other areas of software development, including tooling, devops and analytics
- Build front-end implementations of our Point of Sale Solutions
- Provide support to our Partner API developers and onboard new partners to our platform
- Work within a high performance team and ensure a high quality of deliverables
- Collaborate across design, engineering, and product teams within an Agile development environment
Who you are
- 4+ years of work or related experience
- React.js + any state management library (Hooks, recoil, Redux, etc)
- Strong ability for reasoning with complex async code, deep understanding of the JS event loop
- Experience in backend development, preferably with python
- Experience with REST API interaction and AWS services implementation
- Experience writing production quality code, preferably in a product-based company
- Excellent at articulating, documenting, and presenting ideas and work across the Engineering organization
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
Set yourself apart with
- You are passionate about creating new software products to solve new problems
- You have the confidence to propose and debate your innovative ideas to arrive at the best possible solutions
- You thrive on the intensity, the energy, the productivity and the success that comes from working in a team of talented peers aligned with common goals
At Uplift, in accordance with the U.S pay transparency laws across various states, we provide the minimum and maximum pay range for each of our levels. This reflects the minimum and maximum ranges for new hire salaries. There are two ranges that reflect positions across all US locations. The first range includes: New York and California whereas the second range includes all other US states. Within each range, there are several different factors that are considered when determining compensation including but not limited to the candidate's location, title, years of experience, job related skills and relevant education. In addition to the base salary, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision and pre-ipo stock options.
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
E-Commerce Finance FinTech Information Services Information Technology Payments Travel