Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and BMX racing. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop systems to translate cutting-edge machine learning into complex trading behaviors. You will touch areas as wide-ranging as machine learning, finance, and technology. This role is a means to make a difference: together with other Software Engineers, you will build the backbone of our business.
- Lead and collaborate in diverse and engaging software work, which includes areas such as trading infrastructure, computing and data processing, flexible pipelines for model development, and more
- Proactively engage in complex projects from start to finish, which includes gathering project requirements, translating them into a rational software design, reasoning effectively about supporting or dependent technologies, and communicating effectively with teammates
- Work directly with Senior Software Engineers and receive high-touch mentorship and coaching
- Experience developing in a Linux environment with a focus on performance, concurrency, and correctness using programming languages such as Python, Go, R, and/or C/C++
- Demonstrated excellence in backend engineering via work with databases, large scale data processing, highly available services
- Open source contributions are desirable
- Familiarity with modern deployment and build tooling, such as Kubernetes, Bazel, etc., (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and deploy a back-end application given design specs
- Eagerness to work in diverse teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in backend engineering
“Friends of Voleon” Candidate Referral Program
If you have a great candidate in mind for this role and would like to have the potential to earn USD $7,500 if your referred candidate is successfully hired and employed by The Voleon Group, please use this form to submit your referral. For more details regarding eligibility, terms and conditions please make sure to review the Voleon Referral Bonus Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
The Voleon Group has implemented a policy requiring all employees who will be entering our worksite, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. This policy also applies to remote employees, as such employees will be asked to visit our offices from time to time. To the extent permitted by applicable law, proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. This policy is part of Voleon’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.