Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words
or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack (React Native) Engineer to join our growing engineering team to define, build and iterate on features for our consumer-facing product. You will work closely with Product, Operations, Customer Support, Growth and other functions to design and build a reliable, intuitive, and simple experience for our users. As an early member of the team, we hope you will also have a lot of impact on our team culture, processes and norms.
Taptap Send is a cross-platform mobile app developed with React Native and TypeScript, which talks to a backend service written in Kotlin and backed by a PostgreSQL database, all of which runs on AWS and is managed via Terraform and Ansible. This is a frontend-focused role, but you will have plenty of opportunities to work on all parts of our tech stack.
We’re an encouraging environment that values both teamwork and autonomy, and have many exciting upcoming challenges, including: scaling up to handle increased volume and complexity, improving UI and UX to drive growth and retention, building internal tools for our customer support and acquisition efforts, and much more!
- Take ownership of development of mobile application products
- Build experiences across the stack using React Native and Spring
- Write well-tested, high quality code, with an eye towards generics and re-use
- Work closely with design and product teams to regularly ship working features
- Participate in release planning and deployment of released build
- Mentor and advise team members
- Evaluate and deliver timeline estimates for projects
- 4+ years of professional experience building consumer facing applications
- Experience owning user-facing features end-to-end, from conception to launch
- Experience developing software in a collaborative, multi-functional, and fast-paced environment
- Expertise building, maintaining, or working with a shared component library
- Proficiency with React or React Native
- Experience working on systems that have real-world performance and reliability constraints
- Strong communication and ability to manage conflicting priorities, setting expectations with stakeholders and be a driving force
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience working on a multi-platform mobile app with a significant volume of traffic
- High personal code/development standards (code review, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.