About the Team
The Global Bank team is looking after the Banking product in the SumUp merchant SuperApp. This includes setting-up and maintaining business accounts, allowing for smooth transfers, enabling simple business spending with the SumUp debit card, and more!
It is a truly international team with over 32 nationalities and cross-functional teams across Berlin, Cologne, São Paulo, Santiago, Sofia and Vilnius.
Curious to know more about Global Bank? Check this out!
About the Role
As a Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) in Global Bank you will be part of one of our small highly skilled cross-functional teams and work together with Product Managers, other Mobile Engineers, Product Designers and more. You will also be part of and collaborate on a global level with the broader Mobile chapter.
To be successful in this role you should be able to follow good software engineering principles, write clean code and tests, and be open to constantly learning and improving your craft. You are someone who puts user needs in the center of the product you are building. It will be expected from you to not only ship features, but also to contribute to the decision making process.
You should be a mobile engineer with a product mindset who can fully own the features you are working on and remain flexible with changing priorities.
The role is based on-site in our office in Berlin/Sofia/Vilnius/London. We believe in the power of face-to-face conversations that happen organically when working next to one another.
What you’ll do
- Build our banking mobile app to help provide banking operations for our large and constantly expanding merchant user base around the world
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern systems.
- Participate in architectural discussions, propose solutions, and contribute to the technical roadmap of our iOS application
- Dive into the code and create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features and how we write tests and maintain peak performance.
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful
- Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way
You’ll be great for this role, if:
- You have hands-on experience building mobile applications of similar complexity to SumUp’s Super App.
- You are comfortable with Swift.
- You have good knowledge of architectural design patterns such as MVVM and MVP, and experience ensuring modularized and scalable app architecture.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You have experience with CocoaPods dependency management in iOS apps.
- You strive for clean code and know how to write flexible tests that won't break.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 3200+ people from 80+ countries, spread across 4 continents
- The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of businesses around the world
- You’ll receive 25 days’ paid leave, plus 1 additional day for each year of employment.
- You can take up to 10 days’ educational leave to expand your skill set.
- A dedicated annual Learning & Development budget (2000Euro / year) for attending conferences and/or advancing your career through further education
- Enrollment onto our virtual stock ownership program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s future success
- Access to the SumUp Sabbatical, our Employee assistance program for mental health
- We offer additional health insurance, a subsidized Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.
Other Jobs from SumUp
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member