Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Product Design team is composed of several teams that work together to help define, create, and deliver all user-facing aspects of the Stripe brand and product. Product Designers are strategic partners to Engineering and Product Management within a dedicated product area. In partnership with the product team, they help define the user-facing experiences our users encounter on Stripe products, then translate that thinking into a complete experience that can be tested, shipped, and refined. They are responsible for creating well-functioning and beautiful products and experiences that users love and are eager to recommend to others.
What you’ll do
Areas you could work on:
- Developer Workbench—Stripe’s next-generation developer dashboard
- The intersection of our new developer tooling and our existing surfaces, to help developers build better integrations, faster
- The future of developer tools at Stripe, including improvements to test mode, API upgrades, and new tools we haven’t even thought of yet
- Design industry-leading developer tools that push the boundaries beyond what’s already on the market
- Make it easier for developers to build and test their integrations, as well as discover new Stripe products
- Turn ambiguous problems that our developer users are facing into concrete products, from proposal, to kick-off, vision, building, and launch
- Shape the developer experience roadmap by prototyping and pitching new ideas we haven’t even thought of yet, and gaining cross-functional buy-in
- Work closely with our partner teams, including Apps, Docs, Connect, and more, to create a end-to-end developer experience that feels coherent
- Advocate for developer users internally, ensuring teams building developer-facing experiences are leveraging our tools and creating a surprisingly great developer experience
- Focus on what you do best—whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code—you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and project teams
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Has 6+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Has experience designing for developers, working on a developer tool, or developer documentation
- Has an understanding of developers, their needs, and an eagerness to learn about how we can best make their lives easier
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use, especially when explaining complicated developer experiences to non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of the developer tooling landscape and what tools developers are using today—bonus points if you’ve used some of these tools yourself
- Have a deep curiosity (or excitement) about the developer space, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty in some code
- Is skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Comfortable presenting work to senior stakeholders regularly
- Loves working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Is uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Stripe
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee