* please note that Stripe is offering this role in Bangalore and Hyderabad *
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team:
Verification & Identity Platform (VIP) is a core platform team which powers user onboarding & verification (KYC & KYB) worldwide & ensures continued compliance throughout the merchant life-cycle at Stripe. Our team safeguards user identities across our array of digital services, designing and executing a secure, effortless, and user-centered identity collection & verification environment. Our efforts cover a broad spectrum of identity confirming scenarios, including identity proofing, risk-based, and adaptive verification technology. We provide a in-house smart orchestration eco system which allows us to integrate with multiple 3P data verification services, financial institutions and regulatory bodies to build accuracy, reliability and speed to verify accounts & businesses. We enable Stripe's continued compliance in an ever-evolving regulatory landscape by providing infrastructure that automates document collection, verification & merchant communication for high scale requirements refresh and accounts remediation programs.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers’ needs and building amazing user experiences, but didn’t work on APIs before joining Stripe.
- You have a strong technical background with 4-10 years of technical experience building APIs.
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise (for example, ¼ of Stripes work in a country that’s different from the one they grew up in). Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers; to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
- Domain expertise in accounting or financial management is a plus but not at all a requirement
Other Jobs from Stripe
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee