Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s Link product re-imagines how merchants and consumers do business—delivering higher conversion for our merchants by streamlining payments for consumers across businesses that leverage Stripe payment UIs. The Consumer Experience team specifically focuses on making Link the most convenient way to pay online. We have an ambitious vision for mutually benefiting both consumers and merchants alike, and we need great engineers to help shape and realize that future.
What you’ll do
As a frontend engineer working on Link, you’ll join a fast-moving team building consumer-focused UIs and full-stack products. You’ll work with experienced engineers, product, design, and data science to conceive of and deliver world-class solutions to end-users problems. Our team places a heavy emphasis on data-driven product optimizations, high-polish user experiences, experimentation, and frontend infrastructure.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Craft new products and features that impact millions of people and businesses around the world such as building the fastest and most seamless checkout flow.
- Explore creative opportunities for next-gen payments experiences that leverage the depth of Stripe’s payment technology.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as product, design, infrastructure, marketing and operations.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 3+ years of software development experience, with an emphasis on modern frontend technologies (HTML/CSS/TypeScript/React) and building delightful user interfaces.
- Comfort operating as a full-stack developer and owning projects end-to-end.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and acting as a leader more broadly—leading by example and delivering critical feedback to uphold a high quality bar.
- Are motivated by solving hard problems, and measure your success in terms of impact doing so.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise.
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- A passion for performance and love coming up with creative solutions to push it to the limit.
- Appreciation for the importance of good documentation -- internal and external.
- Have experience with experimentation frameworks and data pipelines.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Have experience gathering and using data to analyze user behavior/intent to inform future product decisions.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences.
Other Jobs from Stripe
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member