At Spotify Advertising R&D, our mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define our business.
Spotify is hiring Staff Web Engineers to join Spotify’s Ads Business Unit. We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans. You’ll help us define and materialize our vision to improve the ad experience for our advertisers alike, and grow our advertising business to be market leader.
We are looking for web engineers that share our common curiosity about distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will collaborate closely with our core ads engineers to figure out the best way to build an advertiser business management platform. You will build the frontend systems that powers ad studio (adstudio.spotify.com), scale our Ads API, guide the design of highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. We’re a truly full stack team with expertise in mobile, web, backend, and our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution.
What You'll Do
- Work on a cross-functional team of engineers who own the advertiser onboarding and campaign booking platform in order to develop a new web app framework to unlock efficient development across adverter-facing products.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to collaborate how to scalably design and build an advertiser business management platform.
- Architect, re-build, and iterate on some of the core legacy web applications to improve workflows for our advertisers.
- Work with frontend and backend engineers across the ads technical stack to develop applications for advertisers of all sizes - from the world’s largest brands and agencies to SMBs and personal brands.
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve exciting problems, creating an efficient advertiser experience worldwide.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide frontend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Work on what you want during regular hack days and annual hack weeks.
Who You Are
- You have 6+ years of working experience as a Frontend Engineer working with React.js, Node.js & GraphQL. Additional tools and technologies such as Next JS, GCP, Google PubSub, Kafka, Big Query are a plus.
- You have experience in ad tech - ideally working on business management, ad account creation, campaign booking and management, pixels and measurement, billing and/or reporting.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have written distributed microservices and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly deliver and iterate quickly.
- You believe data and user research are the most powerful tools for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, api, and ui/ux design.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
$185,545 - $265,064 a year
The United States base range for this position is $185,545-$265,064, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. This range encompasses multiple levels. Leveling is determined during the interview process. Placement in a level depends on relevant work history and interview performance. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Audio Cloud Computing Music Music Streaming