Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake’s Storage platform is a crucial part of Snowflake’s continued success and is one of the fastest-growing segments at Snowflake. Our table storage is the best in the industry, with differentiators like auto partitioning, auto compression, enhanced encryption, time travel, fail-safe, cross-region replication, zero-copy clone, instant data sharing, etc. As a result, Snowflake table storage has gained immense popularity in the last few years. But we won’t stop there.
Snowflake’s mission is to mobilize the world’s data by building the greatest data and applications platform. Not just of the cloud era, but in the history of computing. To enable this mission it is crucial for the Storage team to continue innovation in the multi-cloud space and to continue being the best-in-class platform for IO-intensive workloads.
We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help shape the systematic improvements at the heart of the IO stack
AS AN EXPERIENCED ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Set the direction for the Storage technical area spanning multiple core Snowflake teams
- Have an opportunity to redefine availability and latency SLOs for the IO subsystem, connecting them to the customer experience of using Snowflake table storage, and unstructured data
- Drive the performance improvements across the stack, to decrease tail latency and reduce query run time variability
- Implement critical capabilities for supporting advanced features offered by different Cloud Providers
- Analyze performance and availability issues, and collaborate closely with cloud providers to influence the shared roadmap for maximizing uptime and minimizing cost for Snowflake customers
- Advance local disk caching strategy, using your understanding of the tradeoffs between local disk access patterns, and remote IO requests
- Collaborate closely with Product managers, Architects, and other engineering teams
- Participate in on-call rotation and shape the strategy for continuing to keep the on-call load low, while enabling 10x growth
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MOST OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- An excellent team player who is committed to helping everyone around them maximize their potential and growth
- Be aligned with the Snowflake values
- Previous experience in setting and tracking the internal service uptime and performance objectives across teams and organizations.
- Previous experience driving performance improvements directly and in collaboration with other engineers
- Experience with at least one of the public cloud storage providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong development skills in C++. Java experience is a plus
- Previous experience with Curl C++ library is a plus
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee