Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer for our Snowpark Container Service, part of our Snowflake Compute Platform - to build our elastic, high-scale, high-performance, cloud native compute platform to enable bringing Compute to Data effortless and simple.
Snowpark Container Services is a fully managed container offering that helps our customers easily deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications without having to move data out of Snowflake. As a fully managed service, it comes with Snowflake security, configuration, and operational best practices built in. You will be part of this highly productive, fast moving, and growing team that is critical to realizing Snowflake’s Data Cloud Mission.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Lead a team of engineers, including mentoring and guiding them, and build technical direction and strategy for large and critical parts of the product surface area.
- Manage all aspects of the Project, including Design, Coding, Reviews, Testing, Observability, Tooling and On-Call support.
- Build highly reliable and fault-tolerant software to meet the needs of the largest customers.
- Ensure operational readiness and maintainability of the service with heavy focus on reliability, availability, debuggability and performance.
- Design and build Kubernetes based OCI compliant container compute platform features and capabilities that scale and evolve with changing business and customer needs.
- Snowpark Container Services is still in an early stage of development - it is an amazing opportunity for outsized impact on Snowflake’s growth story.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MOST OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excitement to learn new things - passion to learn and grow are keys to success on this team.
- Be a team player - Our team culture is a priority. Transparency, knowledge sharing, fun events, and helping each other are all part of our work environment
- Work across functions and across teams - we don’t only work on code that we own, we work with other parts of Snowflake every day.
- 7+ years of industry experience building features and capabilities of large scale systems or infrastructure level platforms.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills and experience building distributed systems.
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, C++ or Go is highly desirable
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
BONUS POINTS FOR THE FOLLOWING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE:
- Experience building products or services with Kubernetes.
- Designing and implementing products and features with multi-cloud support (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Implementing multi-tenant systems with focus on performance, isolation and security.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member