Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake Replication team provides the foundational data and metadata movement technology behind key Snowflake offerings like Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR), Data Marketplace and Global Native Applications. The Replication team performs cross cloud, cross region data movement at PBs of scale, quickly and efficiently. At the same time, the team is responsible for the global messaging mesh that's used to power global features that require interaction between different Snowflake regions.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - REPLICATION, YOU WILL:
- Solve real business needs at large scale by applying your software engineering and analytical problem solving skills.
- Build the next-generation replication technologies for Snowflake that can scale with the increase in Snowflake’s user adoption.
- Design, develop, and support a highly-parallel and fault-tolerant database system comprising many technologies.
- Design and implement critical high-performance systems to handle the ever growing request rate of our database
- Design and implement core foundational features including global messaging mesh as well as advanced features built on top of replication framework, such as Account Replication, global Data sharing and global Native Applications.
- Analyze and understand performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system and solve them
- Have the opportunity to work on various background services that power Snowflake's proprietary multi-level metadata system to support fast compilation and query optimization.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
We are looking for strong system engineers who are interested in solving some of the most challenging problems in distributed systems, performance and scalability, and passionate about building system software with high quality.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc. Fluency in C++ or Java (or other similar procedural object-oriented language) is preferred.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Knowledge of database internals is a big plus.
- BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD Preferred.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member