Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our “Get It Done” culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
At the center of the data cloud is the Snowflake Database Engineering team. We are responsible for building the core query engine used to process the massive amounts of diverse data managed by our customers. This includes developing novel state-of-the-art query optimizations, query execution techniques for industry-leading performance, and building a database system that's highly efficient, performant, and scalable.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to join and grow the team.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Work on the design, development and support of a highly distributed and performant database system with a specific focus on the Query Optimizer
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions relating to your team
- Translate product requirements into engineering work for your team
- Use your strong foundation as a technical leader to reliably deliver on complex projects while keeping the quality bar high
- Grow and lead junior engineers in the team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Rock solid engineering fundamentals with the focus of query processing internals
- Proven track record of leading large projects with the help of other team members
- Fluency in object-oriented programming and SQL semantics and optimization
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Query Optimizer; heuristic based query rewrites, cost based optimizations, cardinality estimations, plan stability, interleaved query optimization based on runtime feedback
- Designed and implemented cloud-sale distributed database system internals
WHY BE A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR DATABASE ENGINEERING AT SNOWFLAKE?
This is an excellent opportunity to:
- Work with an exceptional team of industry veterans and rising stars building the industry-leading data management system that customers love
- Take charge of your own career – this role will push you to grow as a technical leader
- Learn at scale as you deliver essential components of a highly distributed, robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services thousands of customers and more than a billion complex queries every day
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee