Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake is a global platform where thousands of organizations store and process their data. Our Data Marketplace allows our customers to exchange data across geographies, organizations and cloud providers. We are now building an App Marketplace on top of the Data Marketplace. Think of it as an App Store or Play Store but with the apps running on the Snowflake Cloud, not phones. Snowflake is becoming an application platform. It’s a new, big, and differentiating feature for Snowflake and our customers.
The Native Apps Foundation team in Toronto is in the center of this innovation. We’re working on the core building blocks for the apps to support the app lifecycle - creation, versioning, global rollouts, installation and execution in a secure sandbox. We enable app runtimes for multiple languages and execution models. We deal with many aspects of the app framework from access control and permissions, through IP protection to UI frameworks. We’re still early in our journey and we are looking for talented and passionate engineers to innovate with us. Our big, multi-year goal is to launch a hugely successful app ecosystem. We count not only on your deep tech expertise and problem solving skills but also on eagerness to evangelize the new platform among developers.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN THE NATIVE APPLICATION FOUNDATIONS AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Invent the next generation platform for building native applications on Snowflake.
- Design and implement highly scalable distributed platforms meeting Snowflake customers’ needs
- Contribute to technical and business strategy using Snowflake’s Product Development Principles
- Collaborate with engineers, product, scientists, designers to deliver cross-functional initiatives.
- Ensure operational excellence, meeting reliability, availability and performance goals
- Help growing the Toronto engineering hub.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large-scale systems in production.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Experience as tech lead on cross-team and cross-functional projects, closely partnering with product managers
- Deep, multi-faceted appreciation in building end-to-end, customer-facing products.
- Interest in establishing development processes and best practices, especially around quality and velocity
- Strong knowledge of Java or willingness to learn it
- Knowledge of database internals, app marketplaces or experience building tools for developers is a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors.
ABOUT NATIVE APPLICATION FRAMEWORK AND MARKETPLACE:
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member