Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Our Quality Engineering team is actively seeking Senior Software Engineers in Test to join our fast-growing organization. You will be driving the development of end-to-end automated tests, automation frameworks, and tools to have robust automated testing pipelines for the Snowflake Data Cloud.
This is a hands-on role in which you will design and code comprehensive testing frameworks while taking on a technical leadership role, improving the productivity of our development/Quality Engineering teams, and bringing standardization to our processes and practices.
Reporting to the Quality Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars to ensure that we are shipping the highest quality service possible at each weekly release.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback and suggestions to improve quality practices across the engineering organization
- Partner with a project team of engineers, designers and Technical Program Managers to drive quality early and often in SDLC
- Contribute to technical leadership and strategic direction to continuously improve the Quality Engineering Organization
- Author and enhance test plans based on feature requirements and specifications, as well as technical discussions and deep dives with engineers
- Build, enhance, and maintain automation frameworks utilized by the team to automate critical user scenarios for regression testing
- Prioritize and execute test scenarios in a Snowflake environment that’s representative of customers’ schema and workloads
- Partner with Support and Engineering to investigate, troubleshoot, and identify/implement fixes for customer-facing issues
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of industry experience in Quality Engineering with hands-on UI software engineering, specifically testing, frameworks and automation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of quality best practices, techniques and methodologies to drive continuous quality improvements
- A proven quality leader that can identify and mitigate risks, partner with teams to build quality in every phase of the SDLC
- Strong experience writing UI/API smoke, regression and end-to-end tests to ensure integration points are thoroughly tested
- Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective UI test automation frameworks using tools like Playwright, Cypress, Puppeteer
- Strong API test automation experience
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment systems like Jenkins
- Strong CS fundamentals including OO concepts, data structures, and distributed systems
- Strong database understanding including SQL
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE? AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL :
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love
- Measurably impact an innovative product area central to Snowflake’s success.
- Take charge of your own career - this role has the impact and ability to grow both technically, as well as from a leadership perspective.
- Ensure the quality, performance and reliability of a super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily
- Learn at scale as you work on a highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines and executes billions of queries.
- Ensure that we are shipping the highest quality service possible at each release.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member