Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
A massive new market opportunity is being created at the intersection of Cloud and Data, and the Snowflake Data Cloud is leading the way, all powered by the database engine we are building from the ground up. We’re hiring talented Senior Software Engineers to help build that new database technology. Our team builds the core query optimization, distributed query and data processing engine, and massively scalable metadata storage engine, which are at the heart of the Snowflake Data Cloud. Our innovations in these areas enable our customers to use Snowflake for any database workloads with predictable performance and high efficiency. Our ambitions are huge and this role is a unique opportunity to help us achieve them, by making a significant impact on our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
FoundationDB (FDB) is an open source, highly scalable database capable of ACID transactions at high frequencies and low latencies. FDB has been a core component in Snowflake's unique shared-metadata architecture since 2014, making possible Snowflake's vision to build the greatest data warehouse for the cloud. FDB performs millions of transactions per second across thousands of processes. The FDB team builds features on open-source FDB that improve the performance, scale, reliability and operability of the product.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer with a passion for Developer Productivity, building compiled languages and large scale systems to help us take FoundationDB to the next level. FoundationDB powers all of Snowflake’s products and services and is rapidly evolving to meet Snowflake’s future needs. Additionally, new workloads are emerging that need new features in FoundationDB. Development velocity and reliability of the product is paramount.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER ON THIS TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Define and evolve the vision for FoundationDB Developer experience
- Identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies or opportunities for impactful improvements
- Help the team to fast deliver new products and features with high reliability and performance
- Work directly with developers in managing FoundationDB open source project
- Support and improve tools for correctness and performance testing infrastructure across multiple cloud providers
- Build the next generation scalable and reliable continuous integration and release management
- Build excellent tools for code search, static and dynamic analysis, fast builds and distributed system debugging
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years experience. BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD preferred
- Strong communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience on C++ or Open source projects is a plus
- Experience with build tools, scripting languages and CI/CD frameworks
- Strong CS fundamentals - compiler languages, data structures, dependency management.
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Continuous integration infrastructure
- Enterprise build systems (e.g. Bazel or Gradle), web service APIs, IDE plugins
- Command-line tool development or Web UI development
- Static and dynamic code analysis
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee