Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our product offering runs on multiple cloud providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. Our infrastructure self-optimizes, provides high availability and data protection across cloud providers so our users can focus on using their data, not managing it. In our effort to enable our Data Cloud vision, we are actively hiring talented distributed systems developers. This role is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment.
The Warehouse team is responsible for the scale, performance, health, and features around Snowflake Warehouses. Our services span from managing hundreds of thousands of compute resources, to the scheduling of millions of jobs within warehouses, to providing capabilities for customers to make the best use of their warehouses. This is a high-impact, highly-visible that is critical to Snowflake's core product offerings and revenue. We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer who has worked in highly available, large scale distributed systems.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Solve real business needs at large scale by applying your software engineering and analytical problem solving skills
- Design and implement scalable distributed systems for our services layer.
- Lead and contribute to building and maintaining a roadmap for the area and team.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives, and collaborate with engineers, product managers, and Technical Program Managers across teams.
- Understand trade-offs between consistency, durability and costs to build solutions which can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 9+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Experience designing and building large scale distributed fault tolerant services
- Experience in designing, building, maintaining or enhancing high-scale job schedulers.
- Excellent understanding of low level operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management, networking and storage, performance and scale.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Strong experience in Java or other object oriented languages, especially in multi-threading or concurrency.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD Preferred.
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE?
- Build an industry-leading Cloud Data Platform.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Work closely with our customers & partners, understand their use cases & needs, think strategically to seek the right problem to solve at the right time, and innovate with rigor.
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee