Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake forms the data platform for the most security sensitive customers and they rely on the data platform to secure and protect their most sensitive data assets. It is critical that our customers are able to manage access to their data, audit its usage and ensure its safety. The security infrastructure also enables customers of Snowflake to share data and protect privacy which is a key ingredient of the Data Sharehouse.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DATABASE SECURITY AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Design and implement features to provide identity and access management including integration with the next generation identity providers and protocols.
- Build authorization frameworks to provide fine grained access control, including data centric access control, beyond standard role-based access control which can scale to managing access over millions of objects and users.
- Design and implement other key security capabilities around key management and encryption, de-anonymization, data masking, auditing and governance.
- Design and develop solutions to secure communication and data sharing in a globally distributed service.
- Design and develop mechanisms to provide safety and security for advanced database features like cloning, replication, data sharing, procedure execution, etc.
OUR IDEAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DATABASE SECURITY WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of industry experience designing, building, and supporting large-scale distributed systems in production, with recent experience in building large scale cloud services.
- Experience with database systems and database internals, such as query engines and optimizers are a big plus.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Strong development skills in Java or C++ preferred.
- Preferred Knowledge and experience with different security areas like identity and access management, cryptography, network security, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard security concepts and protocols like SAML, SCIM, OAuth, RBAC, cryptography is a plus.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Ph.D. in the related field is a plus.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee