Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We're hiring talented Senior Software Engineers to join us! The position will work directly with our engineering team in San Mateo, CA to evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and who are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas, including making contributions to open source big data projects.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements, and meet business goals
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of the largest customers
- Enhance the programmability surface of Snowflake and improve the experience of the data developer
- Contribute to big data open source projects to add connectivity and support for Snowflake
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability, and performance
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years industry experience designing and building distributed systems, database systems, compilers, or other enterprise cloud data platforms
- Experience building enterprise grade, reliable and trustworthy software or services
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills
- Fluency in Java and/or C++
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations
- Data warehouse architecture, design, and experience working with large-scale data processing solutions
- ASF open source projects, ideally from the big-data/Hadoop ecosystem
- Implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query compilation, compiler design and implementation
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular
- Delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based solutions
- Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on isolation and security
- Designing and implementing systems for public or private clouds
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE?
As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to the most robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily
- Learn about and contribute to a highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee