Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies ever. We were ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s list of top startups, and #2 on Forbes's list of top private cloud companies, right before having one of the most successful IPOs in software history.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We are looking for a Software Engineer to drive some of the key initiatives in our globally distributed Snowflake infrastructure.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake brings unprecedented flexibility and scalability to data warehousing. The Manageability team provides the basis for our Global platform strategy, helping with ease of management across multiple accounts and a centralized view of data usage.
We are investing in initiatives across multiple areas that include real-time streaming ingestion, data replication across instances, distributed data processing, disaster recovery, data governance, and compliance.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN GLOBAL PLATFORM, YOU WILL:
- Drive impactful initiatives for the globally distributed infrastructure
- Innovate and build highly secured and reliable designs for real-time ingestion, replication, performance, and scalability.
- Design for infrastructure to survive system outages, and provide a framework for handling critical systems.
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, other engineering teams, data science organizations, and business groups, to drive end-to-end solutions
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability, and performance.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - GLOBAL PLATFORM WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of industry experience designing, building, and supporting systems and large-scale data processing systems in production
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills
- Strong Knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Fluency in Java, Python and SQL
- Knowledge of databases and distributed systems
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial