Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
The data governance team builds services, systems, and product features to help our customers confidently bring their most sensitive data and workloads to Snowflake. We build scalable, intuitive, and robust capabilities to help our customers identify and track sensitive data; know the lineage and quality of the data to ensure its trustworthiness; control access based on the sensitivity of the data; track access; share and collaborate on sensitive data with high standards of compliance and governance.
Robust Data Governance capabilities are critical to our customers trusting us with their most sensitive data and workloads.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN DATA GOVERNANCE, YOU WILL:
- Design and build Data Governance services, systems, and product features to classify data, track its flow, secure its access and audit its usage.
- Work closely with PMs to drive projects from idea formulation to design and implementation.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MOST OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of industry experience designing, building, and supporting large-scale distributed systems in production
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with expert-level development skills in Java or C++
- Experience with database systems and database internals, such as query engines and optimizers are a big plus
- Experience in building data security, data privacy and governance systems is a plus
- Experience with building large scale and sophisticated data pipelines is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related major, or equivalent experience
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member