Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Product Security team is responsible for securing the Snowflake product and platform, and ultimately protecting the company mission of mobilizing the world’s data. Visibility and real time telemetry is fundamental to our security mission as it provides the data foundation that many critical security functions ride on top of.
In this role, you will lead an initiative to design, build, and deploy novel technology across the Snowflake data cloud to detect in real time malicious activity and ensure the security and integrity of Snowflake components. You’ll be working at the intersection of Security, Observability, and Data Science and there are a wide range of use cases to support including: threat detection, network monitoring, software supply chain security, vulnerability management, and more.
This is a critical position as it will be the tech lead for a new team building a new service. Our ideal candidate is a visionary technical leader, who writes high-quality production code and who is also excited about providing mentorship to the engineers around them.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of a lightweight, high-performance security telemetry system to monitor and protect Snowflake services
- Produce high quality software leveraging Linux security features and cloud native technologies
- Create and execute a testing strategy to ensure high performance and stability of the security telemetry system
- Work with stakeholders in Product Security, Threat and Abuse Detection, Incident Response, and Security Compliance to establish roadmap and priorities
- Ensure operational readiness of the system and meet commitments to Snowflake customers regarding security, reliability, availability, and performance
- Help grow the team through hiring, mentoring, and coaching other engineers
- 7+ years hands-on software engineering experience
- Experience working with Linux observability frameworks: eBPF, kprobes, auditd, etc.
- Experience developing production code for security, observability or networking
- Solid understanding of Linux system internals: file system, process management, networking, syscalls, etc.
- Strong development experience in Rust, Golang, C++ or Java
- 10+ years building and supporting large-scale distributed systems
- Understanding of modern cloud technology components and deployment patterns: virtual machines, containers, Kubernetes, serverless, infrastructure as code, etc.
- Experience with memory, storage, and CPU isolation of multi-tenant workloads
- Deep experience with Linux security fundamentals, such as: Linux Security Modules, Mandatory Access Control, Integrity Measurement Architecture, namespaces, cgroups, seccomp, ptrace, etc.
- Have read and are capable of implementing ideas from “Building Secure & Reliable Systems” or “Engineering Trustworthy Systems”
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial