Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re hiring talented Senior Software Engineers for our Avalanche team that are passionate about using software-based approaches to solve complex infrastructure challenges and automate those solutions. You’ll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure.
The Avalanche team drives automation initiatives within Snowflake, providing an innovative platform that allows engineers across the company to move manual operational tasks into code. Our team also owns the process of deploying Snowflake globally across multiple cloud providers, using our own platform to automate rollout and management of cloud infrastructure at a scale few companies can match.
As an Avalanche team member, you’ll build a deep understanding of Snowflake’s infrastructure and services. You will use that knowledge, coupled with your existing infrastructure and cloud experience, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance. You’ll lead and contribute to initiatives aimed at scaling our processes, systems, and automation.
To be successful, you’ll need to be deeply technical and capable of holding your own alongside strong peers. You will have the opportunity to present and defend engineering proposals that can have a significant impact on the success of our team and the company as a whole. As part of our team, you will be supporting other teams as they use our platform, so you must possess excellent communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to demonstrate infrastructure and cloud expertise. You must have the ability to take large, complex projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance. In addition, you will be expected to mentor and support more junior team members, leading by example with excellent code quality, documentation, and SDLC best practices.
If you love solving problems at scale, enjoy automating away complex manual tasks, are an ace troubleshooter, and want to have an impact at a company that is redefining the world of cloud data solutions, then this is the role for you!
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - AVALANCHE AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient infrastructure and automation system.
- Research and implement solutions to build a highly reliable and scalable test platform in the cloud.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of the Avalanche platform to meet business goals.
- Develop new tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of platform services.
- Provide technical leadership on complex and challenging projects in the automation and cloud infrastructure space.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - AVALANCHE AT SNOWFLAKE, WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- Experience developing test and quality infrastructure and automation tools.
- At least 8+ years experience in a software engineering platform team in a Cloud, SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, coding skills, and knowledge of SDLC best practices.
- Experience in Golang and/or Python.
- Experience with infrastructure and config management toolsets - Pulumi, Terraform, Vault etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing, networking.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- A strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and drive project success, and a passion for problem solving.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member