Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re searching for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join us to continue building out the Snowflake platform and service across a broad set of Cloud providers. The Cloud Automation Tools team at Snowflake is responsible for building software and solutions to solve complex infrastructure challenges and automate those solutions. You’ll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure across multiple providers. You’ll build a deep understanding of Snowflake's service and use that knowledge, coupled with your infrastructure and cloud knowledge, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance. Our team is growing rapidly to keep up with this broad responsibility alongside Snowflake’s immense growth. We need additional Software Engineering to help lead the charge.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to demonstrate your expertise on cloud infrastructure and distributed systems. You will demonstrate your capabilities to take large, complex projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance. You will lead on some projects and collaborate on others. In addition to being supported in your growth, you will be expected to mentor and support junior team members, lead by example, produce excellent quality code, documentation, solutions, and SDLC best practices.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CLOUD AUTOMATION TOOLS YOU WILL:
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform.
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Utilize your experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU FULFILL MOST OF THESE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in CS or equivalent.
- Experience developing quality infrastructure, automation, and tools.
- At least 7+ years experience in a software engineering platform team in a Cloud, SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, coding skills, and knowledge of SDLC best practices.
- Experience in Golang and/or Python.
- Experience with Terraform and/or Pulumi.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing, networking.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- A strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and drive project success, and a passion for problem solving.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience developing and deploying services on Kubernetes.
- Experience dealing with complicated Terraform deployments.
- Prior experience implementing and maintaining analytical environments / analysis systems.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, think beyond the ordinary, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake. Experience with finance and cost efficiency are a plus.
How do you want to make your impact?
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee