Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Snowflake Cloud Engineering team is a global team of high performing engineers focused on building best in class tooling, automation, and a scalable infrastructure platform to run the Snowflake service. The team’s focus areas include Snowflake's global scale cloud infrastructure, core platform services, edge traffic delivery, and reliability engineering. The team also automates builds of baseline "deployments" of the Snowflake production service across multiple cloud providers.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Production Engineer to join our Traffic & Edge team in Dublin, Ireland. Snowflake’s Traffic and Edge infrastructure consists of reverse proxy and load balancing systems running in multiple public clouds. These systems deal with DNS management, TLS termination, load balancing, CDNs, and traffic routing. Every incoming request into Snowflake flows through or relies on these systems. The critical nature of these services demands a very high level of reliability.
As more and more customers globally start using Snowflake in a variety of ways, the Edge will need to support more features and sustain higher throughput while remaining reliable. With transactional/hybrid workloads becoming more important for Snowflake, there will be substantial opportunities to drive reliability, security, and performance improvements at the Traffic & Edge layer.
AS A SENIOR PRODUCTION ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Help build out our next-generation Traffic stack based on Envoy and Kubernetes
- Contribute to building and operating a highly reliable, secure, scalable, and performant Traffic and Edge infrastructure
- Develop software to automate deployment and maintenance tasks to ensure that a lean team can sustainably operate the team’s growing fleet of services and deployments
- Participate in our on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services
- Use your deep experience and problem solving skills to help investigate and fix production issues, and drive blameless incident post-mortems to document learnings and prevent recurrences
- Plan and lead complex technical projects while partnering with a wide variety of teams within the company
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MOST OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related major, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with at least one advanced programming language such as C++, Java, Go, Python
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet)
- Hands on experience with one of more public cloud providers such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with Traffic/Edge Engineering or Cloud Networking
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Borg, Mesos, or Kubernetes
Experience with automating operations (e.g., software deployments, config changes) at scale
- Experience with core SRE/Production Engineering best practices (e.g., designing for operability and scalability, adopting SLOs, eliminating toil, leading incident responses, driving blameless post-mortems)
- Evidence of engineering leadership through design ownership and reviews, mentoring, contributing to technical roadmaps, and driving process improvements
We value a strong growth mindset at Snowflake, so we would love to hear from you even if you don’t meet all the requirements above!
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee