Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world's greatest data and applications platform. Our “Get It Done” culture empowers everyone at Snowflake to innovate with new ideas, create work with lasting impact, and excel in a collaborative environment.
We are actively seeking a talented Distributed Systems Performance Engineer for our engineering office in central Berlin. The working language of this office is English.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of experienced engineers in the growing Service team in Berlin. We are looking for an exceptional performance engineer to enhance the performance, scalability, and reliability of Snowflake's services layer. This role involves working on distributed systems that impact thousands of customers and affect millions of requests per day.
AS A SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Plan, enable, and lead performance initiatives across engineering teams, aligning with internal priorities.
- Innovate from conception to production, creating new solutions.
- Develop, deploy, and manage tools to systematically conduct performance experiments, measure impact, and ensure reliable system performance.
- Deeply engage with large-scale distributed systems.
- Investigate issues in software resilience, operational, and delivery spaces.
- Expand our tooling to facilitate performance testing and engineering within the system.
- Analyze running systems and innovatively optimize them.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues, enhancing your technical knowledge.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science (or an equivalent field).
- Demonstrated expertise in Java or C++ programming and diagnostics.
- Experience in designing, running, and analyzing performance experiments and benchmarks.
- Exposure to at least one major cloud provider (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Strong familiarity with Linux and its diagnostics.
- A track record of working on large-scale systems and addressing complex performance issues.
- A keen desire to learn and apply new ways of thinking.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Solid written and spoken communication skills.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member