Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake Support is committed to providing high-quality resolutions to help deliver data-driven business insights and results. We are a team of subject matter experts collectively working toward our customers’ success. We form partnerships with customers by listening, learning, and building connections.
Snowflake’s values are key to our approach and success in delivering world-class Support. Putting customers first, acting with integrity, owning initiative and accountability, and getting it done are Snowflake core values and are reflected in everything we do.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for a Senior Cloud Support Engineer to join our team who likes working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
As a Senior Cloud Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and are familiar with Salesforce Service Cloud.
Based on business needs, you may be assigned to work with one or more Snowflake Priority Support customers. You will develop a strong understanding of the customer’s use case and how they leverage the Snowflake platform. You will deliver exceptional service, enabling them to achieve the highest levels of continuity and performance from their Snowflake implementation.
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize the Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well-documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests and work with Engineering towards a resolution.
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
Our ideal Senior Cloud Support Engineer will have
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Support environment or a similar technical function in a customer-facing role
- Experience in a designated customer-focused support role providing a personalized support experience with a deeper knowledge of customer environment
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS (SQS, SNS, API Gateway, S3, Route 53) and/or similar services in Microsoft Azure ecosystems, Google Cloud
- Experience in ETL, ELT tools like AWS Glue, EMR, Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Data Pipelines
- Experience in Spark, Kafka systems
- Experience in using 3rd Party troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Fiddler, Process Monitor/Explorer
- Experience in analyzing the tcpdump, Fiddler Trace. Capturing the heap dump and analyzing the heap dump
- Capturing the Stack trace and analyzing the trace
- Foundational SQL experience/usage
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Experience in Configuring/Troubleshooting Drivers like ODBC, JDBC, GO, .Net
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Debugging / Development experience in Python, Java or Scala
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with an attention to detail
- Strong teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: .Net, NodeJS, R, GO
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (VMware, Docker, Virtualbox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member