Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
As Snowflake strives to become the global data platform for customers, it is clear that we need an integrated platform that supports data application development. We are building a powerful all-in-one Snowflake Developer Platform. This will offer a world class and integrated experience to 3rd Party Developers writing code on Snowflake. This platform will power Data Science, Machine Learning, Application Development, UI Development and more.
We are looking for a talented, passionate Principal Software Engineer to join our Developer Ecosystem team in San Mateo, California and help us build from the ground up. You will get to be a technology thought leader, evangelize new, cutting edge technologies and solve complex problems.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are passionate about API design, the developer ecosystem and overall developer experience
- You are driven to make an industry-wide impact in the burgeoning fields of data applications, data engineering and data science
- You are excited about building the next generation of services and libraries that enable Snowflake's customers to drive their desired business outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build a family of first-class APIs that provide a language-agnostic non-SQL interface for all Snowflake resources..
- Build a family of thin client language SDKs and libraries for management operations of Snowflake resources across workloads.
- Build a centralized API Platform for Snowflake product teams to develop and publish first-class APIs with standardization and governance.
- Build a high performance, scalable and secure distributed server runtime that connects the REST APIs with the Snowflake data cloud.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 10+ years of experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Experience designing and building customer-facing distributed web services and APIs (e.g. REST, RPC)
- Good technical understanding of database architecture.
- Experience working with product managers to build external-facing products and features.
- Ability to drive decisions and deliver results across multiple teams and functions.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member