Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake brings unprecedented flexibility and scalability to data warehousing.The costs associated with using Snowflake are based on customers' usage of resources. One of the unique benefits of Snowflake’s architecture is the ability to securely share data with another Snowflake account without creating a copy of the data. The Snowflake Data Marketplace builds on this capability to enable Providers and Consumers to publish/discover and monetize data and data services.
We are hiring an experienced Principal Software Engineer to define the architecture for end to end data monetization story and advance the infrastructure for data sharing backend and market place to drive the network effect. This is a critical role that requires building out key capabilities that enable monetization of various data sharing use patterns in the marketplace, and enhancing the underlying infrastructure.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
AS A PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN MARKETPLACE MONETIZATION, YOU WILL:
- Drive highly impactful initiatives around Monetization and Data sharing in the Data Marketplace.
- Design and implement innovative highly available distributed platforms within the global Snowflake and enhance the overall Snowflake Data Infrastructure
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, other engineering teams, data science organizations, business groups, to drive end to end solutions..
- Innovate how data gets monetized as a strategic business asset to drive the marketplace network effect.
- Build highly secured and reliable software and ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
AS A PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN MARKETPLACE MONETIZATION, YOU HAVE:
- 15+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large-scale distributed systems in production.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Fluency in Java and SQL
- Knowledge of database internals is a big plus.
- Experience driving company initiatives towards customer satisfaction.
- Deep multi-faceted appreciation in building end-to-end customer facing products.
- Experience working with cross teams and product managers.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.
Every Snowflake employee is expected to follow the company’s confidentiality and security standards for handling sensitive data. Snowflake employees must abide by the company’s data security plan as an essential part of their duties. It is every employee's duty to keep customer information secure and confidential.
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member