Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re searching for a talented Principal Research Engineer to join us for our efforts building out the Snowflake platform with cognitive capabilities. Our team at Snowflake has responsibility for moving boundaries of NLP space to SOTA levels and coming up with new solutions in cognitive space. As our team is growing rapidly to keep up with this key responsibility alongside Snowflake’s immense growth, we need additional talent to help lead the change.
You will get to be a technology thought leader, evangelize new, cutting edge technologies and solve complex problems.
AS PRINCIPAL RESEARCH ENGINEER IN AI & ML YOU WILL:
- Build products and services which are at the heart of research
- Design and implement highly scalable distributed platforms within the global Snowflake platform
- Participate in decision-making processes on technical or business issues
- Collaborate with engineers and researchers across teams to help deliver cross-functional initiatives
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance
IDEAL PRINCIPAL RESEARCH ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 14+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large-scale systems in production
- Passionate about AI/ML and NLP space
- Deep multi-faceted appreciation in building end-to-end AI research facing products
- Strong CS fundamentals, including proficiency with data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems (Fluency in Python)
- Familiar with recent advances in NLP/CV and/or knowledge working with Deep Learning libraries such as PyTorch or Tensorflow is a big plus
- Knowledge of Java, C, C++, Go is a big plus
- Experience with MLOps tools like MLFlow, Weights & Biases, Ray.io is a big plus
- Experience working with cross teams and product managers
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors
Find out more about Document AI team: https://careers.snowflake.com/us/en/blogarticle/hearts-full-of-ml-brains-full-of-knowledge-the-snowflake-cognitive-services-team
Other Jobs from Snowflake
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial