We’re on a mission to democratize AI by building the definitive AI data development platform. The AI landscape has gone through incredible change between 2016, when Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab, to the generative AI breakthroughs of today. But one thing has remained constant: the data you use to build AI is the key to achieving differentiation, high performance, and production-ready systems. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to empower scientists, engineers, financial experts, product creators, journalists, and more to build custom AI with their data faster than ever before. Excited to help us redefine how AI is built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure team, you'll accelerate the Snorkel AI team and our customers by improving our developer platform and services for user and data management across the stack. You’ll work closely with other engineers, researchers, and product management to align on the highest leverage improvements for CI/CD, cloud infrastructure, deployment, security, authentication/authorization, and more.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise features for the platform (including but not limited to authentication/authorization, RBAC, data governance)
- Build and improve automation, effective monitoring and alerting for infrastructure and the platform
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments and continuously improve development and deployment best practices
- Collaborate with enterprise customers to understand product use cases and translate into engineering specifications, and deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- Work a hybrid schedule with one or two days per week in our Redwood City HQ and work remotely with "No Meeting" Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in distributed systems and cloud-native applications
- Proficiency in automation, scripting languages, and infrastructure-as-code tools
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/EKS/GKE)
- Strong communication and coding skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong development and debugging skills in Python
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. CircleCI)
- Familiarity with working with large-scale enterprise software deployments
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization best practices and Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML
- Familiar with common security best practices, architecture design and implementation.
The salary range for this position based in the San Francisco Bay Area is $130,000.00 - $230,000.00. All offers include equity compensation in the form of employee stock options.
If you're a recent university graduate, please submit your application via the Recent University Graduate opening.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from SnorkelAI
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee