At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favourite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr is trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Full Stack Java Developer
"The ideal candidate for this role will have more than 4 years of commercial experience in full stack Java development"
- Solve challenging business problems and build highly scalable applications
- Design, document and implement new systems in Java 8
- Build microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML
The Zephyr for Jira product is undergoing a transformation to better align our products to the end users’ requirements while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across the Test Management Vertical.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about Zephyr Test Management Products | SmartBear. You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience. Here are key responsibilities of the role –
- You will write code per product requirements and create new products.
- You will design, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- You will interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency data egress/ingress solutions in an agile delivery method
- You will create automated tests, contribute to system testing, follow agile mode of development.
- Being aware of current technology trends factoring this into current design and implementation, fix bugs quickly whenever required.
- Review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code.
- Develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist the Engineering team in problem resolution by hands-on participation.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- You will report to the Lead Engineer managing the team.
We are looking for someone who can design, document, and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Total 4-7 years of experience with hands on experience working in Java 8 platform or higher and also with experience in front end development.
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, CSS, REST, JSON, and XML.
- API - driven development - Experience working with remote data via SOAP, REST and JSON.
- Good Understanding of OOAD, Spring/Hibernate Framework and the Microservices based architecture
- Experience with Applications Performance Tuning, Scaling, Security, Resiliency Best Practices
- Hands on experience in delivering high value projects in Agile (SCRUM) methodology using preferably JIRA tool.
- Unit Testing (JUnit preferred)/ TDD - Scripting & Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and deployment (Jenkins)
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Good understanding of technologies like Docker, Unix commands, and shell scripts
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database
- Experience in low level design and core Java patterns
- Experience with AWS stack, RDS, S3, Elastic cache etc. is a strong plus.
- Good understanding of SSDLC, Agile methodologies. Agile development experience in a SCRUM environment is a strong plus.
- Excellent articulation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills are essential.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and Built in Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
Other Jobs from SmartBear
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial