- Lead hardware / aero effort at Skyways: design, development, and testing of all hardware systems, including flight control systems, navigation systems, propulsion systems, sensor systems, cargo systems, GCS, GSE, and communication systems.
- Oversee the selection, specification, and qualification of hardware components, balancing performance, cost, and manufacturability.
- Create and manage comprehensive hardware development plans and schedules, ensuring the timely delivery of projects.
- Direct and mentor a team of junior to senior engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and high-performance.
- Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments for new hardware designs, providing recommendations based on technical and financial considerations.
- Collaborate closely with software engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to ensure that hardware designs meet all technical and operational requirements.
- Drive the creation of prototypes and oversee rigorous testing, ensuring products meet company's objectives.
- Take ownership of the overall performance and reliability of the company's product, including during post-launch operations.
- Support the resolution of hardware-related issues in a timely and effective manner, troubleshooting problems and driving improvements.
- Actively participate in design reviews, providing critical feedback and approval for hardware designs and modifications.
- Contribute individually to hardware design and problem-solving when necessary, demonstrating a hands-on approach.
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership, taking responsibility for the outcomes of the engineering team and being accountable for their successes and setbacks.
- Foster a culture of integrity, promoting transparency, and honesty in all interactions within the team and with other stakeholders.
- Proactively anticipate and address potential issues, demonstrating foresight, and quick problem-solving.
- Maintain ambitious goals for yourself and your team, continuously raising the bar for what is possible.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a relevant environment (aerospace industry preferred)
- degree in mechanical, or aerospace engineering
- multi-year experience leading teams
- excellent communication skills across the entire org
- extensive experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- extensive experience with FEA (Ansys, Nastran)
- in-depth understanding of mechanical engineering discipline as it relates to design and analysis
- well-versed in the manufacturing processes/techniques used in the aerospace industry
- experience working with outside vendors for manufacturing
- familiar with technical drawings and GD&T
- you want to work at a small early stage startup
- you want to wear many hats
- self starter and resilient: take a project from start to finish despite vague or little requirements
- you are a maker and doer! show us your projects!
- experience in the aero/aviation field
- experience with hands-on manufacturing (CAM, CNC, mill, lathe, composite layup, mold making) and shop tools
- experience with 3D printing
- experience flying planes and/or large drones
- design and analysis of composite structures
Jobs from our Partners
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee