Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from first responders to insurance claims adjusters, utilities, and more!
About the role:
By combining best-in-class autonomy and cloud-connected real-time visibility, drones become the critical and ubiquitous infrastructure that can be deployed and monitored in real time to solve a variety of problems faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before. Realizing this future requires a reliable and robust wireless communication network that spans multiple use cases and capabilities. We’re looking for you, an experienced Wireless Software Engineer to join our team and tackle these challenges head on.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will enhance and improve Skydio’s various wireless solutions, extending the range and providing high-speed and secured communication
- You will develop innovative solutions to allow an OFDMA based mesh network of drones to communicate reliably and effectively
- You will optimize video quality encoder settings, latency, and reliability under extreme wireless conditions
- You will work across multiple wireless communications standards to include WLAN and 5G
- You will work on wireless firmware and software, develop, implement and validate algorithms with optimizations aimed to improve performance
What makes you a good fit:
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of C++/C and Python
- Experience with WLAN SW and especially MAC level firmware is desired
- Understanding of WLAN protocols and performance metrics
- Can work in a collaborative environment with multiple teams alongside Systems, Software Embedded, and Hardware Engineers
- Solid software engineering foundation
- Strong debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to the hardware
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $170,000 - $258,000* (dependent on final leveling). Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Skydio
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee