Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from first responders to insurance claims adjusters, utilities, and more!
About the role:
Our radio system connects the end-users with our autonomous systems. As intelligent flying machines gain more independence, the demand for range and for bandwidth are increasing. There is a huge opportunity to innovate and develop within various wireless architectures to bring an incredible, highly-engineered product to market, and to define the next generation of RF frameworks and technologies. Skydio’s highly integrated electromechanical systems provide a rich set of engineering challenges and a huge opportunity to make an impact!
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will enhance and improve the Skydio’s wireless solution, extending the range
- You will participate in the development of new designs spanning across multiple bands of operations.
- You will work across multiple wireless communications standards to include WLAN and 5G-LTE
- You will support EMI related optimization and reduce de-sense for the various systems in the design
- You will participate in module and system certification efforts across various regulatory domains.
- You will support modular and system level manufacturing efforts and help deploy those.
What makes you a good fit:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in wireless design and desense evaluation of consumer grade products associated with one or with multiple wireless standards
- Knowledgeable in analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design and analysis
- Excellent technical understanding of one or more of the following radio technologies: WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth and GPS
- Good understanding of physics of radiated noise coupling mechanisms
- Experience with PCB layout design and schematic
- Experience in debugging and optimizing wireless products
- Experience using simulation tools such as Ansys and Keysight ADS
- Experience with lab equipment such as network analyzers, CMW500, spectrum analyzers, power meters, near field probes, etc.
- Experience with best design practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing
- Experience with performing TRP, TIS and Rate Vs Range measurements is preferred
- Proven ability to work independently
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $170,000 - $258,000* (dependent on final leveling). Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
Other Jobs from Skydio
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member