About the Role:
Sezzle has an incredible opportunity to make an impact within a growing FinTech company. As a Software Engineer II, you will be responsible for solving our most challenging problems along with a highly-motivated team.
In this role, you will work closely with other engineers across multiple teams to provide high-quality, scalable, and innovative products. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include partnering with other engineers to design, develop, and deliver new features. As your skills grow so will the size and scope of the projects which you’ll be involved in. Sezzle has a strong culture for promotion with defined paths through Engineering that matches all levels. You’ll be working as part of a full-stack Engineering team which has varied disciplines.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain new innovative product features focused on actively learning new areas of the product
- Collaborate with owners for different product features to gain insight and offer constructive suggestions for improvements
- Be an active participant in design/architecture discussions sharing your ideas while building the next generation of features for the Sezzle platform
- Hands-on with our codebase and a contributor to code reviews
- Mentor other engineers who are starting along their career path
- Work with the team to continuously build and deploy scalable solutions
- Assist in planning, estimations, and completion for projects brought up by the team stakeholders
- Experience solving technical problems as part of a team
- Bachelor's in computer science (preferred) or equivalent related experience
- Familiarity with modern Frontend Development, with React experience preferred
- Ability to solve problems with backend-focused languages like Go or similar compiled statically typed language
- Intermediate understanding of relational databases like MySQL
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledgeable in writing automated tests for applications (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Familiar with the basic principles and design of RESTful APIs
- Basic knowledge of a Microservice Architecture
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, and release processes
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Other Jobs from Sezzle
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member