About the Opportunity
As an early engineer at Settle you will help define and build impactful products and features that our customers use every day. We have great product market fit, organic growth, and a long term road map. Now we’re looking for product-minded engineers who can can take our business to the next level. Someone who knows how to come up with creative solutions for our customer problems, avoid scope creep, and deliver incremental value quickly. Who knows how to drive projects to completion and can fluidly communicate their ideas and progress with both technical and non-technical colleagues. An engineer that enjoys wearing a PM hat sometimes and puts the customer at the center of everything they do.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Design and build end-to-end features and products for our SaaS application.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to help decide on, scope, and build the highest impact features.
- Work closely with backend and frontend engineering teams to establish reusable services, APIs, and components needed to build new features quickly.
- Work with product designers to develop product ideas and layout and weigh ideal designs against simple and iterative implementations.
- Collaborate with the team to build robust testing and deployment frameworks.
What Sets You Apart
- CS fundamentals plus real-world experience. 3+ years of industry experience preferred. We primarily use Ruby on Rails for the backend and React with Typescript on the frontend along with graphQL for API interfacing. You have prior full-stack RoR experience and/or fluency in other OOP language(s), ideally with an ORM framework like Django or Hibernate along with a willingness to learn Ruby on Rails.
- Webapp architecture design. The design choices we make today will form the foundation of our tech for years to come. You have an end-to-end understanding of how everything fits together from infrastructure up through display and love designing reliable and extensible systems.
- Adaptability. We’re a startup and project needs can change quickly. You’re someone that loves to jump into a new problem, learn what’s needed, and solve it.
- Customer-centric mentality. You care about the user, strive to understand their needs, and build tools to solve their problems. You're comfortable collaborating and sharing opinions with designers and product managers to balance ideal UX with quick-to-market code development.
- Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers.